search for and return more than one row in a sheet

  1. #1

    search for and return more than one row in a sheet

    Ok, here's what I need,

    I need to be able to enter a school number into a cell, hit enter or
    click a button or something and have all the rows with the matching
    school number from a different sheet show up in this sheet. here's an
    example...

    sheet 'School Lookup'
    containes a validation list with all the school numbers in it. below
    this say in cells a5-whatever would be where I want the data displayed.

    sheet 'Elementary Data'
    this sheet contains all the data, an exmaple is below.

    ID | School | Description | ELA - S | Mainstream & ELA - E

    199Teacher .5 Kinder Kits 199 Teacher .5 Kinder Kits 1 0

    203Teacher .5 Kinder Kits 203 Teacher .5 Kinder Kits 0 0
    205Teacher .5 Kinder Kits 205 Teacher .5 Kinder Kits 1 0
    206Teacher .5 Kinder Kits 206 Teacher .5 Kinder Kits 1 1
    207Teacher .5 Kinder Kits 207 Teacher .5 Kinder Kits 1 1
    208Teacher .5 Kinder Kits 208 Teacher .5 Kinder Kits 0 2
    209Teacher .5 Kinder Kits 209 Teacher .5 Kinder Kits 0 0
    210Teacher .5 Kinder Kits 210 Teacher .5 Kinder Kits 0 0

    etc. etc.

    thanks for the help!

    Tom

  2. #2
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: search for and return more than one row in a sheet

    have a look at
    data>filter>autofilter>filter as desired.

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    news:[email protected]...