HERE'S A REAL BRAIN TWISTER:

  1. #1
    greenlion
    Guest

    HERE'S A REAL BRAIN TWISTER:

    now I need to know how to formulate each cell next to the appropriate
    salesperson to calculate running total gross for each seperate salesperson.
    is this possible? here's what I need:

    salesman TOTAL UNITS TOTAL GROSS
    CJ 0 $-
    FC 0 $-
    JL 0 $-
    SC 0 $-
    TH 0 $-
    RA 0 $-
    HS 0 $-

  2. #2
    Toppers
    Guest

    RE: HERE'S A REAL BRAIN TWISTER:

    How is total gross calculated? Is total units multiplied by ? And what is raw
    data for each salesperson used to get total units?

    It looks like a SUMIF solution:

    =SUMIF(A1:A100,"CJ",B1:b100) where col A has Salesperson and column B has
    data (units) to totalled.

  3. #3
    CLR
    Guest

    RE: HERE'S A REAL BRAIN TWISTER:

    You might want to take a look at the Data > Subtotals feature. It will take
    a list of multiple entries for each salesperson and accumulate each one's
    total.

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

  4. #4
    greenlion
    Guest

    RE: HERE'S A REAL BRAIN TWISTER:

    here is my header row below; the salespeople won't have their own separate
    spreadsheet; the totals are at the bottom, but since the data will be input
    at random per salesperson, how can I get the "gross" figure that's next to
    each individual person calculate as a running total for that specific person?

    SALE PRICE COST GROSS SALES FIN TYPE DEL. DATE MTD
    $ $ $ $

  5. #5
    greenlion
    Guest

    RE: HERE'S A REAL BRAIN TWISTER:

    your answer is clearly the one I will use. Thanks!

  6. #6
    CLR
    Guest

    RE: HERE'S A REAL BRAIN TWISTER:

    Happy to help, and thanks for the feedback.........

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3