How? Link 2 cells from Sht 1 to 1 cell in Sht 2 separated w slash

  1. #1
    Peri
    Guest

    How? Link 2 cells from Sht 1 to 1 cell in Sht 2 separated w slash

    Using MS Excel Office 2003. I want to link the values of two separate cells
    of Sheet 1 to one cell of Sheet 2 separated by a slash. I want it to look
    like a fraction, but I do not want it to reduce the fraction.

  2. #2

    Re: How? Link 2 cells from Sht 1 to 1 cell in Sht 2 separated w slash

    =sheet1!a1 & "/" & sheet1!a2

    If you want to format the numbers, you can do something like:
    =text(sheet1!a1,"000.0") & "/" & text(sheet1!a2,"00000")

  3. #3
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: How? Link 2 cells from Sht 1 to 1 cell in Sht 2 separated w slash

    Hi!

    Try this:

    =Sheet1!A1&"/"&Sheet1!A2

    Biff

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Peri
    Guest

    Re: How? Link 2 cells from Sht 1 to 1 cell in Sht 2 separated w sl

    Thank you, Dave! It worked!