Link cell between WS w/o dest display 0-jan if no entry at source

  1. #1
    Jack Miller
    Guest

    Link cell between WS w/o dest display 0-jan if no entry at source

    How can I link a date formatted entry from a source worksheet cell to a
    destination cell in another worksheet without it resulting with (0-jan); when
    there is no date entered at the source cell? If the source is blank, I would
    like the destination to be blank as well. Seems like this would be a common
    request, but I sure can't figure it out. EXCEL 2003

    Thanks,

    Jack

  2. #2
    macropod
    Guest

    Re: Link cell between WS w/o dest display 0-jan if no entry at source

    Hi Jack,

    The simplest way is via Tools|Options|View and unchecking 0 values. This
    suppresses all 0 values, which might be going too far. If it is, you need a
    formula along the lines of:
    =IF(Sheet1!A1=0,"",Sheet1!A1)

    Cheers

    --