I want to use sumif( > a cell reference) and not a value. How?

  1. #1
    Corie
    Guest

    I want to use sumif( > a cell reference) and not a value. How?

    I want to use the sumif( > a cell referenced Date)
    Example: sumif(">"&C1) when C1= April, in order to sum numbers related to a
    specific time frame.
    Is there a way to do this w/ dates?

  2. #2
    Ron Coderre
    Guest

    RE: I want to use sumif( > a cell reference) and not a value. How?

    Try something like this:

    With
    Col_A containing a list of dates in A1:A50
    Col_B containing values in B1:B50

    These formulas add the Col_B cells where the corresponding Col_A cells match
    the criteria in C1.

    C1: (a month name, eg April)
    D1: =SUMPRODUCT((TEXT(A1:A50,"mmmm")=C1)*B1:B50)

    OR
    C1: (a month number, eg 4)
    D1: =SUMPRODUCT((MONTH(A1:A50)=C1)*B1:B50)

    Is that something you can work with?
    ***********
    Regards,
    Ron

    XL2002, WinXP

  3. #3
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: I want to use sumif( > a cell reference) and not a value. How?

    like this?

    =SUMIF(ChecksA,Q1,ChecksD)

    if you have real dates you need to use
    month(checksa)=4

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Toppers
    Guest

    RE: I want to use sumif( > a cell reference) and not a value. How?

    TRY:

    =SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH(A1:A100)>= C1),--(B1:B100))

    A contains dates
    B values to be summed
    C1= month number e.g 4 for April

    Assumes data only relates to one year.