I'm looking for a formula to calc # of days left in a month

  1. #1
    Manthony
    Guest

    I'm looking for a formula to calc # of days left in a month

    I am trying to set up a formule that will show show the the date of the first
    of each month from a date from another cell. For example.

    In cell a1 I enter and arbitrary date, let say 7/1/06. In cell C1, the
    formula calculates the day left in the month and shows the first date of the
    next month, for example 8/1/06. then in cell D1, the formula calculates the
    date of the next month, for example 9/1/06.

    Is there such a formala?

  2. #2
    Marcelo
    Guest

    RE: I'm looking for a formula to calc # of days left in a month

    Hi,

    try = Date(year(a1),month(a1)+1,1)

    hope this helps
    Regards from Brazil
    Marcelo

  3. #3
    pdberger
    Guest

    RE: I'm looking for a formula to calc # of days left in a month

    Manthony --

    If today's date is in A1 (perhaps as =today()), then try

    B1 =EOMONTH(A1,0)-A1
    C1 =EOMONTH(A1,0)+1
    D1 =EOMONTH(A1,1)+1
    etc.

    Cell B1 will show the number of days until the end of the month, and C1, D1,
    etc will show the first day of successive months.

    HTH

  4. #4
    Manthony
    Guest

    RE: I'm looking for a formula to calc # of days left in a month

    Thank you very much.

    This formula works perfectly.

    Manthony