Conditional Formatting to Compare to Lists

  1. #1
    John Michl
    Guest

    Conditional Formatting to Compare to Lists

    I have two lists of names. In the second list, I'd like highlight all
    of the names that are new to the list. In the first list, I'd like to
    highight all of the names on the first list but not the second.

    Could this be done using conditional formatting without adding any
    dummy or helper columns?

    Thanks.

    - John

  2. #2
    Ardus Petus
    Guest

    Re: Conditional Formatting to Compare to Lists

    Conditional formattion with formula.
    Say first list is in A1:A1000, Second list in B1:B500

    Second list formula:
    =COUNTIF(A1:A1000,B1)=0

    First list formula:
    =COUNTIF(B1:B500,A1)=0

    AP

    [email protected]...

  3. #3
    Marcelo
    Guest

    RE: Conditional Formatting to Compare to Lists

    Hi John,

    see the tips on this web page

    http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/usertips/tip073.htm

    Hope this helps
    regards from Brazil
    Marcelo

  4. #4
    John Michl
    Guest

    Re: Conditional Formatting to Compare to Lists

    Thanks to both of you for the help!
    - John