Comparing columns from 2 different worksheets.

  1. #1
    Alant
    Guest

    Comparing columns from 2 different worksheets.

    I have 2 worksheets. I need to compare the cells in column1/worksheet1 to
    the cells in column1/worksheet2. If a cell in column1/worksheet1 is nowhere
    in column1/worksheet2, then I want to display the missing cells in
    column1/worksheet3 along with the corresponding column2 cells from
    worksheet1. Note: worksheet 2 has many more rows than worksheet1.
    Thanks

  2. #2
    Miguel Zapico
    Guest

    RE: Comparing columns from 2 different worksheets.

    One way of doing it is using this function on sheet 3, column A:
    =IF(ISNA(MATCH(Sheet1!A1,Sheet2!$A$1:$A$1000,0)),Sheet1!A1,"")
    And on column B:
    =IF(A1="","",VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet1!$A$1:$B$500,2,FALSE))
    It will create a lot of blank rows, you can then sort the column and delete
    the blanks.

    Hope this helps,
    Miguel.