how do I sum all of the $ payments made between two dates

  1. #1
    Andrew
    Guest

    how do I sum all of the $ payments made between two dates

    I have a summary sheet where I want to know show the sum of all invoices paid
    per month. In the "invoices" sheet I enter the invoices, the amount, data
    paid etc.

    I have tried to use sumif and, for the criteria, used dates as a serial
    number to select any date range that is of interest.

    Gives me an error and I'm out of ideas.

    Andrew

  2. #2
    Dave Sheldon
    Guest

    Re: how do I sum all of the $ payments made between two dates

    Andrew

    Assuming you have a column of invoice dates in column A and a column of
    invoice amounts in column B. First invoice date is in D1 and last invoice
    date is in E1. The following array formula will sum the invoice amounts
    between date in D1 and date in E1.

    =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A18>=D1),--(A1:A18<=E1),B1:B18)

    Note that since this is an array formula you need to use Ctrl+Shift+Enter to
    enter formula. I assumed the array ends at the 18th row but you can change
    it to whatever you need.

    Dave

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Toppers
    Guest

    Re: how do I sum all of the $ payments made between two dates

    SUMPRODUCT is not an array formula and should just be entered as normal i.e
    with Enter.

    Alternatve solution:

    =sumproduct(--(Month(a1:a100)=6),B1:b100) will give invoices for June.
    Obviously only applies if data is for a single year. Otherwise use Dave's
    formula.

    HTH