I need a date stamp that doesn't change when you enter text

  1. #1
    Eric Hersey
    Guest

    I need a date stamp that doesn't change when you enter text

    I need code for a date stamp in one cell when you enter text in one other
    cell.

    Application: A form that will require you to enter your name as a signature
    and that it will automatically enter a datestamp above it.

  2. #2
    CLR
    Guest

    RE: I need a date stamp that doesn't change when you enter text

    Change A1 and A2 below to suit your applicaton.

    Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Excel.Range)
    'Inserts date in A1 is any value entered in A2
    'Clearcontents on A1 if A2 is clearcontents
    If Not Range("a2").Value = "" Then
    Range("a1").Value = Date '& " " & Time
    Else
    Range("a1").Value = ""