Last Non Blank

  1. #1
    George W. Barrowcliff
    Guest

    Last Non Blank

    I have a row of numbers (Jan, Feb ..... Total)
    I would like the last column (Total) to reflect the last non blank value in
    the row.

    I would appreciate any help or direction.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Last Non Blank

    =LOOKUP(2,1/(A3:M3<>""),A3:M3)

    adapt to fit your range

    Peo Sjoblom

    Excel 95 - Excel 2007
    Northwest Excel Solutions
    www.nwexcelsolutions.com
    if you are in one stop digging." Lord Healey

    news:%[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Ron Coderre
    Guest

    RE: Last Non Blank

    Try something like this:

    With a list of values (or blanks) in A1:L1

    The value of the last non-blank cell in that range is
    M1: =INDEX(A1:L1,MAX(MATCH(10^99,A1:L1),MATCH(REPT("z",255),A1:L1)))

    Is that something you can work with?
    ***********
    Regards,
    Ron

    XL2002, WinXP

  4. #4
    Ron Coderre
    Guest

    Re: Last Non Blank

    Peo

    Re: =LOOKUP(2,1/(A3:M3<>""),A3:M3)

    That is much better than the bloated formula I came up with.
    (sometimes it would be nice if we could retract a post so others won't waste
    their time reading it)

    ***********
    Regards,
    Ron

    XL2002, WinXP

  5. #5
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Last Non Blank

    Hi Ron

    "Ron Coderre" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Peo
    >
    > Re: =LOOKUP(2,1/(A3:M3<>""),A3:M3)
    >
    > That is much better than the bloated formula I came up with.
    > (sometimes it would be nice if we could retract a post so others won't
    > waste
    > their time reading it)

    Many are the times through the years when I have posted something and wanted
    to cancel it as soon as I saw another answer (yours included), although
    there is a cancellation option in most newsreaders I have never found one
    that really worked, besides once Google has updated it, it's there for
    "eternity" <bg>

    Peo

  6. #6
    George W. Barrowcliff
    Guest

    Re: Last Non Blank

    Thank you both for your efforts. Works exactly like I wanted.

  7. #7
    Aladin Akyurek
    Guest

    Re: Last Non Blank

    Faster...

    =LOOKUP(9.99999999999999E+307,A3:M3)

    if the last numeric value is what the OP wants.