MSQuery

  1. #1
    Lac
    Guest

    MSQuery

    Dear All,

    I am about to import data from an odbc data source into excel worksheet
    using msquery. When I use a simple query from one table I can set up
    parameters for the query, but when I build a query using multiple joined
    tables / what I really need / the possibility of setting up a parameter
    disappears (the button is there but I press it in vain). Why ? Can someone
    tell me how to use parametrized query and what are the requirements of such
    query ? Also, how can I use a stored procedure to retrieve data when the
    procedure has a parameter ?

    Regards,
    Laszlo

  2. #2
    CarlosAntenna
    Guest

    Re: MSQuery

    This page was helpful to me when I was trying to use parameters for the
    first time. Hope it helps you too.

    http://www.nickhodge.co.uk/gui/datam...taexamples.htm

    --
    Carlos

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Lac
    Guest

    Re: MSQuery

    Thanks, this page is a really good tutorial and as far as the query is so
    simple as the example, it works. However, if you enter the SQL manually and
    it is a more complex one then MSQ states that it cannot be represented
    visually and from this point parameters cannot be used.