TROUBLE RENAMING A WORKSHEET IN EXCEL 2000

  1. #1
    Cat
    Guest

    TROUBLE RENAMING A WORKSHEET IN EXCEL 2000

    I am getting the message that i've either entered a wrong symbol, used too
    many letters..., but i did not and now it won't take any name. On the other
    worksheet the extension xls appeared on the tab. And I can't close anything
    or save my Excel file. HELP!!!

  2. #2
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: TROUBLE RENAMING A WORKSHEET IN EXCEL 2000

    Perhaps you mean workBOOK instead of worksheet??
    what did you try to name it?

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: TROUBLE RENAMING A WORKSHEET IN EXCEL 2000

    I would copy all info over to a new workbook, I think I saw something
    similar and it was impossible to rename the sheet

    so copy over all correctly named sheets to another workbook by right
    clicking the tab and selecting move or copy and for the corrupt sheet if you
    have any formulas do edit replace = with ^^=, select the whole sheet and
    copy it, then paste it into a new sheet in the new workbook, when copied
    over reverse the replace and replace ^^= with =, then rename the sheet.
    Don't use illegal characters this time

    Peo Sjoblom

    Excel 95 - Excel 2007
    Northwest Excel Solutions
    www.nwexcelsolutions.com
    if you are in one stop digging." Lord Healey