Excel: want neg numbers to show red/pos green via if-then formula

  1. #1
    Jim
    Guest

    Excel: want neg numbers to show red/pos green via if-then formula

    I am trying to have the negative numbers in a cell turn red and positive ones
    turn green as the values change. I would like a formula that says "If number
    is negative, display text red" and "If positive then display green."

    I know you can make negative numbers red in options, but the spreadsheet is
    linked to data that changes in real-time and would like it to automatically
    change.

  2. #2
    Toppers
    Guest

    RE: Excel: want neg numbers to show red/pos green via if-then formula

    Look at Format==>Conditional formatting.

    Select column then Format=>Conditional formatting:

    Condition 1 ==> Cell Value is: less than 0, set font to RED
    Condition 2 ==> Cell Value is: Greater than 0, set font to GREEN

    HTH

  3. #3
    CLR
    Guest

    RE: Excel: want neg numbers to show red/pos green via if-then formula

    Just set the normal text in those cells as GREEN, and format them to display
    negative numbers as RED.....note, zero also is displayed as GREEN this way....

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

  4. #4
    lk
    Guest

    RE: Excel: want neg numbers to show red/pos green via if-then form

    try conditional formatting