Question about having the date autofill for schedule sheets

  1. #1
    VegasBurger
    Guest

    Question about having the date autofill for schedule sheets

    I am currently trying to have the date auto fill for 6 days of the week on a
    spreadsheet with 5 sheets on it. Our work week is Mon - Sat and I was
    wondering if there is a formula that I can use that when I entered the date
    for Monday July 31st it would auto fill in the correct date for the rest of
    the sheets.

    Thank you ahead of time!

  2. #2
    Elkar
    Guest

    RE: Question about having the date autofill for schedule sheets

    Let's assume your entered date of July 31 is in cell A1 of Sheet1. In cell
    B1, you could enter:

    =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1),DAY(A1)+1)

    Copy this formula across to cell F1. You've now got your first 6 days
    displayed across the top of Sheet1.

    Now, in cell A1 of Sheet2 enter:

    =DATE(YEAR('Sheet1'!A1),MONTH('Sheet1'!A1),DAY('Sheet1'!A1)+7)

    Copy this formula across to cell F1. You've not got your second week of 6
    days displayed across the top of Sheet2.

    Repeat this for your other sheets. You could also copy the formula down
    rows instead of across columns if preferred.

    HTH,
    Elkar

  3. #3
    VegasBurger
    Guest

    RE: Question about having the date autofill for schedule sheets

    The formula for sheet 2 is giving me an error and is asking me to update the
    excel file and when I select it, it adds [WEEK1] to the forumla

  4. #4
    VegasBurger
    Guest

    RE: Question about having the date autofill for schedule sheets

    Sorry I am using Week 1 for the sheet names not Sheet 1 which I did change in
    the formulas

  5. #5
    Elkar
    Guest

    RE: Question about having the date autofill for schedule sheets

    I only used Sheet1 and Sheet2 as example names. If the names of your sheets
    are different, then use your names. So, if your first sheet is called WEEK1
    then use this:

    =DATE(YEAR('WEEK1'!A1),MONTH('WEEK1'!A1),DAY('WEEK1'!A1)+7)

    HTH,
    Elkar

  6. #6
    VegasBurger
    Guest

    RE: Question about having the date autofill for schedule sheets

    Finally the sanity has ended! Thank you so much!!!