add and subract in one sum

  1. #1
    k1ngy
    Guest

    add and subract in one sum

    I have a worksheet that has balances for delivery and usage. they are all on
    one line and a want a monthly use at the end. so 10 delivered mon 1 used tues
    1 wed 3 del thurs 1 used friday. Each day being a different column. how would
    my sum look please?

  2. #2
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: add and subract in one sum

    why not put 10 to start and then use -1 -3
    then =sum(

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor VBA Noob's Avatar
    London, England
    MS-Off Ver
    xl03 & xl 07(Jan 09)
    Posts
    11,988
    Can you post an example of the data.

    I think you should be able to use a sumif statement if you want to sum all the delivery's on a Mon for example.

    e.g =SUMIF(A:A,"Mon",B:B)

  4. #4
    RagDyeR
    Guest

    Re: add and subract in one sum

    Just enter negative numbers in the columns when they are used.

    Say that:
    A2 Mon = 10
    B2 Tues = -1
    C2 Wed = -1