using formula to tell when client last ordered

  1. #1
    floridasurfn
    Guest

    using formula to tell when client last ordered

    i need a formula that can tell me the last time that a client placed an order
    w/ my company

    all of our clients place multiple orders with us over the span of the year,
    and many clients names are in the workbook. the formula needs to be able to
    countif the name of client if correct and then sort the dates that client has
    ordered- (another column) to provide the most current date

    something like countif j1 - j200 = joe's bakery & then sort g1-g200 for the
    most recent date.

  2. #2
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: using formula to tell when client last ordered

    Hi!

    Try this:

    Entered as an array using the key combination of CTRl,SHIFT,ENTER:

    =MAX(IF(J1:J200="joe's bakery",G1:G200))

    Format the cell as DATE.

    Biff

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    floridasurfn
    Guest

    RE: using formula to tell when client last ordered

    thanks biff.. i am gonna repost a more elaborate question that will help w/
    indirect references..

  4. #4
    floridasurfn