How do I estimate the year spend if spend is $26000 as of May?

  1. #1
    Felicia Pickett
    Guest

    How do I estimate the year spend if spend is $26000 as of May?

    I have total spend as of $26,000 as of May, 2006. How do I annualize the
    total spend based on this information?

  2. #2
    tim m
    Guest

    RE: How do I estimate the year spend if spend is $26000 as of May?

    Not quite sure what you mean? You have $26,000 to spend as of May 1st 2006,
    you want to know how much you can spend per month? (Maybe I just don't know
    the meaning of the word annualize. :O) )

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: How do I estimate the year spend if spend is $26000 as of May?

    Assuming end of May you have spent 26000

    =12/5*26000 returns 62400

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

  4. #4
    CLR
    Guest

    Re: How do I estimate the year spend if spend is $26000 as of May?

    Maybe.........

    =(26000/5)*12

    If you have spent 26000 in five months, at that same rate, you will spend
    62400 by the end of the year.

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

    "Felicia Pickett" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  5. #5

    Felicia Pickett wrote:
    > I have total spend as of $26,000 as of May, 2006. How do I annualize the
    > total spend based on this information?

    Beware of simply extrapolating that amount linearly by multiplying by
    12/5. Take a close look at your expense patterns. For example, we
    choose to pay property tax just once in the second half of the year.