Can I sum an outlined Excel sheet and ignore collapsed rows?

  1. #1
    DennisB
    Guest

    Can I sum an outlined Excel sheet and ignore collapsed rows?

    How can I sum a column of data values in an outlined Excel worksheet while
    ignoring collapsed rows? I'd like to sum only the values that can be seen
    on the worksheet, not in the rows that I've collapsed.
    Thanks

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Can I sum an outlined Excel sheet and ignore collapsed rows?

    Dennis

    =SUBTOTAL(9,A1:A100 will SUM up only the visible cells.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

  3. #3
    Franz Verga
    Guest

    Re: Can I sum an outlined Excel sheet and ignore collapsed rows?

    Nel post news:[email protected]
    *DennisB* ha scritto:

    > How can I sum a column of data values in an outlined Excel worksheet
    > while ignoring collapsed rows? I'd like to sum only the values that
    > can be seen on the worksheet, not in the rows that I've collapsed.
    > Thanks

    Hi Dennis,
    You can use the SUBTOTAL function:

    =SUBTOTAL(109;your_range)

    your_range includes also the hidden rows.

    For more specifications see the on line help.

    --
    (I'm not sure of names of menues, option and commands, because
    translating from the Italian version of Excel...)

    Hope I helped you.

    Thanks in advance for your feedback.

    Ciao

    Franz Verga from Italy