Match 2 criteria with 2 criteria

  1. #1
    LJoe
    Guest

    Match 2 criteria with 2 criteria

    I am looking for a function that will look at 2 criteria and then match the 2
    on the other sheet to get the margin/ price. In B and C, I have the market
    and product type. Following those is the pricing based on different pricing
    groups (which have a different percent off list depending on who you are). On
    sheet 2, I have market and product type in A and B. These are followed by
    the percent difference between the price groups. I want to be able to
    reference sheet 2 matching the market and product type to bring over the
    correct price. Any assistance would be excellent. Thank You!!

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor VBA Noob's Avatar
    London, England
    MS-Off Ver
    xl03 & xl 07(Jan 09)
    Posts
    11,988
    Can you post a example.

  3. #3
    LJoe
    Guest

    Re: Match 2 criteria with 2 criteria

    I ended up re-posting the question under index/ match formulas orice (price).
    There's a chart set up there. Thank you for the reply!

  4. #4

    Re: Match 2 criteria with 2 criteria

    =index(othersheet!$c$1:$c$100,
    match(1,(a2=othersheet!$a$1:$a$100)*(b2=othersheet!$b$1:$b$100),0))

    (all in one cell)

    them yourself.)

    Adjust the range to match--but you can't use the whole column.

    This returns the value in othersheet column C when column A and B (of
    othersheet) match A2 and B2 of the sheet with the formula.

    And you can add more conditions by just adding more stuff to that product
    portion of the formula:

    =index(othersheet!$d$1:$d$100,
    match(1,(a2=othersheet!$a$1:$a$100)
    *(b2=othersheet!$b$1:$b$100)
    *(c2=othersheet!$c$1:$c$100),0))

  5. #5
    LJoe
    Guest

    Re: Match 2 criteria with 2 criteria

    Thank you for the response! Also, with the index, can I index cells A1:B100
    or do I have to put in A1:A100, B1:B100?

  6. #6
    LJoe
    Guest

    Re: Match 2 criteria with 2 criteria