How do I anchor hundreds of cells easily

  1. #1
    Ken
    Guest

    How do I anchor hundreds of cells easily

    Hi!

    I have hundreds of cells with formula that needs to be anchored for both
    columns and rows. Is any easy way to do it?

    Thank you very much!

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: How do I anchor hundreds of cells easily

    Ken

    Will a macro solution be OK with you?

    Try these. Ignores cells without formulas.

    Sub Absolute()
    '$A$1
    Dim cell As Range
    For Each cell In Selection
    If cell.HasFormula Then
    cell.Formula = Application.ConvertFormula(cell.Formula, _
    xlA1, xlA1, xlAbsolute)
    End If
    Next
    End Sub

    Sub AbsoluteRow()
    'A$1
    Dim cell As Range
    For Each cell In Selection
    If cell.HasFormula Then
    cell.Formula = Application.ConvertFormula(cell.Formula, _
    xlA1, xlA1, xlAbsRowRelColumn)
    End If
    Next
    End Sub

    Sub AbsoluteCol()
    '$A1
    Dim cell As Range
    For Each cell In Selection
    If cell.HasFormula Then
    cell.Formula = Application.ConvertFormula(cell.Formula, _
    xlA1, xlA1, xlRelRowAbsColumn)
    End If
    Next
    End Sub

    Sub Relative()
    'A1
    Dim cell As Range
    For Each cell In Selection
    If cell.HasFormula Then
    cell.Formula = Application.ConvertFormula(cell.Formula, _
    xlA1, xlA1, xlRelative)
    End If
    Next
    End Sub

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

  3. #3
    Ken
    Guest

    Re: How do I anchor hundreds of cells easily

    Hi! Gord,

    Thank you so much! The macro works very well!

    Ken

  4. #4
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: How do I anchor hundreds of cells easily

    Appreciate the feedback.

    Thanks Ken

    Gord

    On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 11:14:02 -0700, Ken <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Hi! Gord,
    >
    >Thank you so much! The macro works very well!
    >
    >Ken

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP