count number of cells in range showing between 320 and 345

  1. #1
    annieandtika
    Guest

    count number of cells in range showing between 320 and 345

    What formula do I use to count the numbers of cells in a range which return a
    value of greater than 320 and less than 345?

  2. #2
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: count number of cells in range showing between 320 and 345

    You can use the SUMPRODUCT() function.
    --
    Gary''s Student

  3. #3
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: count number of cells in range showing between 320 and 345

    For example if A1 thru A20 contained:
    then =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A20>320),--(A1:A20<345)) would yield 7
    --
    Gary's Student

  4. #4
    bpeltzer
    Guest

    RE: count number of cells in range showing between 320 and 345

    You could also use two countif functions:
    =countif(A:A,">320")-countif(A:A,">=345").
    The first countif tallies up those entries that are over 320; the second
    backs out those at least 345, leaving only those between 320 and 345.

  5. #5
    annieandtika
    Guest

    RE: count number of cells in range showing between 320 and 345

    Hi - thank you so much for replying but I still can't seem to make it work.
    Excel keeps correcting the formula.

  6. #6
    annieandtika
    Guest

    RE: count number of cells in range showing between 320 and 345

    Hi = Thank you so much for replying but I still can't make it work - it
    doesn't give me the right response.

  7. #7
    Forum Contributor
    Try:

    =SUM(COUNTIF(A1:A20,{">320",">345"})*{1,-1})