help-sum filtered info on excel for more than one filter

  1. #1
    PhilScratchingmyhead
    Guest

    help-sum filtered info on excel for more than one filter

    On my spreadsheet I have info from more than one column filtered that I want
    to add together onto another worksheet e.g if something in column 'A' = what
    I want - then I want it to check if something in column 'B'= something else I
    want...then if both criteria are met I want it to add data from column 'C'
    onto another sheet. I have used sumif function but it only lets me check one
    column and it's criteria but doesn't let me check the second column and it's
    criteria before adding.

    Any help would be appreciated as everyone here is stck in the dark ages and
    were like Excel....huh????

    Ta
    P.

  2. #2
    Max
    Guest

    Re: help-sum filtered info on excel for more than one filter

    Try Bob Phillips' excellent treatment on SUMPRODUCT at his:

    It handles "Multiple Condition Tests" which seems to what you're trying to
    do here
    --
    Max
    Singapore

  3. #3
    PhilScratchingmyhead
    Guest

    Re: help-sum filtered info on excel for more than one filter

    Thanks Max - I ended up using the conditional sum wizard add in. Have another
    question....want to do the same for count if any ideas? eg...count if items
    in col a=apples and col b = red so if col a=apples and col b= green then it
    wouldn't count it...

  4. #4
    Max
    Guest

    Re: help-sum filtered info on excel for more than one filter

    "PhilScratchingmyhead" wrote:
    > Thanks Max - I ended up using the conditional sum wizard add in. Have another
    > question....want to do the same for count if any ideas? eg...count if items
    > in col a=apples and col b = red so if col a=apples and col b= green then it
    > wouldn't count it...

    You are welcome. I can see you've since re-posted your other Q above and
    received answers. Well .. didn't I say that SUMPRODUCT would suit earlier
    <g>. Take time to check out thoroughly Bob Phillips' fine paper on
    SUMPRODUCT. One would usually find many applications for it ..