Another vlookup problem

  1. #1

    Another vlookup problem

    Ok, I am having a problem with the vlookup. In the first column I am trying to looking a the numbers like 18 78 would give me the results from the 18 90 line below, that is what I want. But my problem is trying to get the results to match the 18 100 line results. It will give me the result as #N/A.

    This is the formula I am using. Could anyone help me in resolving this problem.

    =VLOOKUP(H4,DT202:DV206,2)

    18 50 1 3 135
    18 75 2 3 160
    18 90 2 4 185
    18 99 2 5 235
    18 100 3 6 335

    Thanking any help in advance.

    Thanks, John

  2. #2
    Jamie Hildebrand
    Guest

    Re: Another vlookup problem

    It's hard to tell from your message what problems you are having.
    Here's some common vlookup mistakes.

    1. You need to make sure your lookup ranges don't change as you copy
    the formula down (make them absolute references with the $)
    2. vlookup also has a true or false variable you can set at the end.
    If you desire an exact lookup, then set it to false (or leave it out as
    you have) and you will get the #n/a if your data is unavailable. If
    you leave it as true it will give you the first closeest match but your
    org data has to be in the correct order.

    Does that help?
    Jamie