Countif for the number of a specific count?

  1. #1

    Countif for the number of a specific count?

    Hi,

    I have 4 columns on a spreadsheet, which have data on it. Some columns
    maybe blank.
    I need a count of the count (i.e) I want to know how many rows have a
    count of 1, how many have a count of 2, and 3 and 4.

    Heres an example

    A B C D
    111 111
    111 122 133
    221

    The result will be

    Rows with 1 code = 1
    Rows with 2 codes = 1
    Rows with 3 codes = 1
    Rows with 4 codes = 0

    Please help !

    Cheers
    Sunny

  2. #2
    Ardus Petus
    Guest

    Re: Countif for the number of a specific count?

    Enter in A10:
    =COUNTA(A1:A3)
    then copy to the right

    AP

    [email protected]...

  3. #3

    Re: Countif for the number of a specific count?

    Ardus,

    I need to know the number of rows with a count of 2 in it, no.of rows
    with count of 3 in it and so on. My spreadsheet will have appx 50000
    rows filled with this data, so I dont want to copy the count formula
    all over the sheet.

    Was wondering if there was an easier formula possible...

    Cheers