Is there a shorter/quicker way to do this?

  1. #1
    SouthAfricanStan
    Guest

    Is there a shorter/quicker way to do this?

    I import daily a large database into Excel.. The data is contained in 20
    columns and it is required that I sort in date and time order
    I have "Deadline:20:40 26/6 Overdue" in A1
    MID(A1,16,5) brings "26/6" in B1
    MID(A1,10,5) brings "20:40" in C1
    B1&C1 brings "26/6 20:40" in D1
    Copy and Special Paste (Values) from D1 brings "26/6 20:40" in E1
    I can them delete cols A to D (I need the space) and sort on col A, which
    was previously col E
    This is very time consuming - ia there any way I can do this in fewer
    "steps"?
    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    CLR
    Guest

    RE: Is there a shorter/quicker way to do this?

    Try Recording a Macro while doing the process one more time.......then just
    run the macro in the future to do it all for you automatically.......

    hth
    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3