conditional formatting, multiple criteria

  1. #1
    Lara
    Guest

    conditional formatting, multiple criteria

    First, please pardon my absolute inability to properly explain what I am
    about to ask. I know next to nothing (or less) about programming.

    I am trying to find out if I can make one cell do conditional formatting,
    based on five different sets of criteria. Currently, it is set at the
    following (please forgive "layman's terms"):

    If F21 is between IU26 and IV26, then change cell and font to green.

    This works fine.

    What I need it to be able to do is perform the conditional formatting based
    on one of the following five sets of criteria:

    If F19 is between J29 and K29 and if F21 > K31...
    or
    If F19 is between K29 and L29 and if F21 > L31…
    or
    If F19 is between L29 and M29 and if F21 > N31…
    or
    If F19 is between M29 and N29 and if F21 > O31…
    or
    If F19>N29 and if F21 > P31…

    … then change cell and font to green.

    Is this even possible?? And if so, how do I go about making it so?

    --
    Lara

  2. #2
    Bernie Deitrick
    Guest

    Re: conditional formatting, multiple criteria

    Lara,

    You need to use a custom formula

    =OR(AND(F19>=J29,F19<=K29,F21 > K31),AND(F19>=K29,F19<=L29,F21 > L31),AND(F19>=L29,F19<=M29,F21 >
    N31),AND(F19>=M29,F19<=N29,F21 > O31),AND(F19>N29,F21 >P31))

    All of that should be on one line before you copy it, then use CF with the "Formula is..." option.

    Or you could enter that formula into a cell, and reference the cell in the CF....

    HTH,
    Bernie
    MS Excel MVP

    news:[email protected]...