array results not returned

  1. #1
    JRM-drof
    Guest

    array results not returned

    When using the LINEST formula in the array mode, I do not get the regression
    statistics as promised by the formula when Stats is set to TRUE. I'm using
    the example given in The Excel 2003 Article ID 829249.

  2. #2
    Bernie Deitrick
    Guest

    Re: array results not returned

    JRM,

    Are you using Ctrl-Shift-Enter instead of just Enter, and have your selecta a 6 column by 5 row area
    prior to entering the formula?

    HTH,
    Bernie
    MS Excel MVP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    JRM-drof
    Guest

    Re: array results not returned

    Bernie,
    Thanks for the suggestion. It was the correct thing to do. Previously I'd
    only used one cell expecting that Excel would populate the appropriate number
    of cells with the answer.

    If the Microsoft people are monitoring this, perhaps they could update the
    formula or include this tidbit in the help file for this function.

    Thanks again. I'm no longer frustrated by this function.