Excel Insert Function form

  1. #1
    Santa-D
    Guest

    Excel Insert Function form

    Is there a way to create a custom category in the "Insert Function"
    form?
    and
    Is there a way to get rid of the PERSONAL.XLS!FUNCTIONNAME from Public
    Functions that reside in the personal.xls workbook?

    What I want to achieve is to have all my custom functions under one
    category as the user defined category is full with Adobe PDF functions.

    Is this possible?
    How?

  2. #2
    Gary L Brown
    Guest

    RE: Excel Insert Function form

    > Is there a way to get rid of the PERSONAL.XLS!FUNCTIONNAME from Public
    > Functions that reside in the personal.xls workbook?

    Sounds like a custom function of yours. Why not get into the VBE, go to
    Personal.xls and delete the function FunctionName()?
    > What I want to achieve is to have all my custom functions under one
    > category

    Check out the Microsoft Knowledgebase...
    How to Add a New Category to Function Category List
    HTH,
    --
    Gary Brown
    gary_brown@ge_NOSPAM.com

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Excel Insert Function form

    See Laurent Longre's site for creating new categories and adding arguments and
    descriptions to UDF's

    http://xcell05.free.fr/

    Check out FUNCUSTOMIZE

    MOREFUNC is also a very handy Add-in with 60+ added functions.

    Make a copy of Personal.xls and save as an add-in.

    You will see just the UDF name without the workbook prefix

    You can also just use the UDF in your formulas without the workbook prefix.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP