how to use find binoculars in excel 2000 .xls ?

  1. #1
    ttodd0450
    Guest

    how to use find binoculars in excel 2000 .xls ?

    I have an excel spreadsheet with up to letter K in columns ( 11 columns) and
    each column has 8717 rows of information ( academy awards list of the past 77
    years).. Trouble is the find button doesn't find anything.
    If go to find and type in ' Gone with the wind ", it says Microsoft excel
    cannot find the name you are searching for, if you are certain the data
    exists in the current sheet, check your spelling"... huh?

    and of course other titles say the same. I have tried for over ten minutes
    to get this to work.

    I have 'search by rows' look in formulas' and both boxes are unchecked..
    I have tried various ways to handle this and cannot get the .xls to co
    operate.

    what is there left for me to check?

    using office 2000 on windows Xp pro.

    thanks

    --
    please reply

  2. #2
    Michael M
    Guest

    RE: how to use find binoculars in excel 2000 .xls ?

    Hi
    Are you putting your search in inverted commas " ",
    If so, this will only find the text that is actually in inverted commas.
    Try searching for "gone", without the commas.
    It works fine for me.

    HTH
    Michael M

  3. #3
    Steved
    Guest

    RE: how to use find binoculars in excel 2000 .xls ?

    Hello from Steved

    Search is Column or Row
    Look in is Value

    see how you go with that as it worked for me.