Can I condition format, "if the cell contains a formula"

  1. #1
    kvail
    Guest

    Can I condition format, "if the cell contains a formula"

    I need to highlight which cells contain a formual with having to look at each
    cell (approx, 6,000+ cells to be analyzed within 6 individual tabs, in one
    worksheet)

    Is there a quick way to do this? I prefer to have something like: If the
    cell is a formula, then change font color to blue.

    Any recommendations?

  2. #2
    Marcelo
    Guest

    RE: Can I condition format, "if the cell contains a formula"

    hi Kvail

    Follow these steps:

    Select Insert, Name, Define.
    In the Define Name dialog box, enter the following in the 'Names in
    workbook' box

    CellHasFormula

    Then enter the following formula in the "Refers to" box

    =GET.CELL(48,INDIRECT("rc",FALSE))

    Click Add, and then OK.
    Select all the cells to which you want to apply the conditional formatting.
    Select Format, Conditional Formatting
    In the Conditional Formatting dialog box, select Formula Is from the
    drop-down list, and then enter this formula in the adjacent box (see the
    figure below):

    =CellHasFormula

    Click the Format button and select the type of formatting you want for the
    cells that contain a formula.
    Click OK.

  3. #3
    kvail
    Guest

    RE: Can I condition format, "if the cell contains a formula"

    OH MY! THIS IS AWESOME! THANK YOU SO MUCH! You just saved me hours and
    hours of work done in 3 minutes!

  4. #4
    Marcelo
    Guest

    RE: Can I condition format, "if the cell contains a formula"

    Thanks for the feedback

    regards