Change row color based on condition of celss

  1. #1
    B G
    Guest

    Change row color based on condition of celss

    I would like to make the row color turn red based on the follow condition:

    If the value in column P (all rows) is less than the value in column Y then
    I want to change the color of the row to Red.

    I know this is in condiitional formating but I cannot get it to work. I am
    a very basic excel user so am not familiar with all the ins and outs. Any
    help would be appreciated.
    --
    Barb

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Change row color based on condition of celss

    See http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat01.html

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    B G
    Guest

    Re: Change row color based on condition of celss

    I tried this and didn't get the cells to change colors. This is what I have
    the conditional formatting condition set as:

    Condition 1
    Formula is ="IF$P3>$Y3"
    the format selection shows all letters background Red.

    What did I do wrong?
    --
    Barb

  4. #4
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Change row color based on condition of celss

    =$P3>$Y3

    try that instead

    Peo Sjoblom

    Excel 95 - Excel 2007
    Northwest Excel Solutions
    www.nwexcelsolutions.com
    if you are in one stop digging." Lord Healey