Multiplying ounces for PO

  1. #1
    Michele
    Guest

    Multiplying ounces for PO

    When doing bulk mail, I have to weigh a single piece and then multiply it by
    the $ of peices. Weight of each piece is in ounces(obviously not liquid).
    The weight of a single piece is 1.8 ounces
    and say I have 400 of them...what is the total weight? Using a simple
    calculator would not give me a pound answer.

    Can't figure it out...dumber than a stump today.

  2. #2
    tim m
    Guest

    RE: Multiplying ounces for PO

    Not sure exactly how you have your sheet set up but you could try this:

    =400*1.8/16

    400 x 1.8 ounces should give you a total number of ounces, 16 ounces in a
    pound I believe thus you would divide by 16 to get the number of pounds.

    If you are not sure exactly how many of the pieces of mail you have you
    could use the COUNT function to count the number of pieces of mail and stick
    that in the formula.

    Does that help?

  3. #3
    Michele
    Guest

    RE: Multiplying ounces for PO

    Yes it does...the over 16 makes sense...duh. Thanks also for the question
    about the percentages. What you suggested worked perfectly!

    Thanks so much.