need help with a formula

  1. #1
    Carrguy
    Guest

    need help with a formula

    I am trying to create a formula to take specific information out of one cell.
    Here is what I am trying to do.
    Cell A1 B1 C1 D1
    E1

    Detail "B" Detail "B" Feature #47 1.2204 dia ±.001
    Feature #47
    1.204 dia
    ±.001

    Cell A1 has all this information in it Detail Feature Dia, and my tolerance.
    This information is also ALT Entered so that is under one anther. It is also
    wrapped text. The information such as dia may change to dim or angle. Feature
    numbers will change to #48 etc. The same with the tolerances as well. Any
    help will be greatly appreciated. I am really good at excel bet cant get this
    one. Thank you

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: need help with a formula

    To split A1 into 4 cells across a row, use Data>Text to Columns>Delimited
    by>Other.

    Hold ALT key and type 0010(on numpad) then Finish.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP