Protection : More than 1 range protected ??

  1. #1
    Corey
    Guest

    Protection : More than 1 range protected ??

    I want to set up protection on a worksheet, but when I try to add the range/s of cells I get to an amount, then it resets itself. I am assuming this is the maximum limit of cells for the range.
    If I create a 2nd and 3rd range, is it possible to set to default all 3 ranges when the workbook is opened?
    How ?

    My aim is to enable ONLY the selected range of cells to able to have data entered/removed.
    All other cells are NOT available.
    BUT,, there's more....

    I need the code for emailing a layout in a email body to STILL be available to the user.
    The worksheet has numerous formulas and references to other cells, and I do not want these to be modified.

    Possible?

    Corey....

  2. #2
    JLatham
    Guest

    RE: Protection : More than 1 range protected ??

    Corey,
    I suspect that in moving from range to range you're releasing the [shift] or
    [ctrl] key which is resetting your selection.

    Remember that you don't have to select all of the cells you want to protect
    at the same time to protect them. You can select them in groups. I find
    this sometimes takes the frustration out of protecting cells that are widely
    separated on a large sheet.

    To select cells that are spread around a sheet, hold down the [Ctrl] key
    while selecting them. You can then use Format to set the Locked state for
    all currently selected. The problem comes when you go to select another cell
    and accidentally release the [Ctrl] key - all the previously selected cells
    become unselected.

    Hope this helps some.