How do/can I calculate the date for every Tuesday???

  1. #1
    Jay
    Guest

    How do/can I calculate the date for every Tuesday???

    Hi guru's:

    What I need is a method (formula) of calculting the date for Next Tuesday
    and every Tuesday there after when the worksheet is opened? I need to look at
    the current system date and extract the next or up-coming Tuesday from that
    system date, even if it's the day (Monday) before the next Tuesday?

    Looking forward to your input!

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Marcelo
    Guest

    RE: How do/can I calculate the date for every Tuesday???

    Hi Jay,

    try this

    =if(weekday(a1)=1,(a1+2),if(weekday(a1)=2,(a1+1),if(weekday(a1)=3,(a1+7),if(weekday(a1)=4,(a1+6),if(weekday(a1)=5,(a1+5),if(weekday(a1)=6,(a1+4),if(weekday(a1)=7,(a1+3))))))))

    hth
    regards from Brazil
    Marcelo

  3. #3
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: How do/can I calculate the date for every Tuesday???

    =TODAY()+10-WEEKDAY(TODAY())
    macro
    MsgBox Date + (10 - Weekday(Date))

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Franz Verga

    Jay wrote:
    > Hi guru's:
    >
    > What I need is a method (formula) of calculting the date for Next
    > Tuesday and every Tuesday there after when the worksheet is opened? I
    > need to look at the current system date and extract the next or
    > up-coming Tuesday from that system date, even if it's the day
    > (Monday) before the next Tuesday?
    >
    > Looking forward to your input!
    >
    > Thanks

    Hi Jay,

    try this:

    =TODAY()+9-WEEKDAY(TODAY(),2)

    --
    Hope I helped you.

    Thanks in advance for your feedback.

    Ciao

    Franz Verga from Italy

  5. #5
    DaveO
    Guest

    RE: How do/can I calculate the date for every Tuesday???

    If you're only interested in the date and not the time value that goes along
    with it, try this ...

    =TEXT(NOW(), "dd-mmm")+8-(WEEKDAY(NOW()))

    HTH.

  6. #6
    DaveO
    Guest

    RE: How do/can I calculate the date for every Tuesday???

    Sorry it should have been...

    =TEXT(NOW(), "dd-mmm")+10-(WEEKDAY(NOW()))

  7. #7
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: How do/can I calculate the date for every Tuesday???

    =TODAY()+CHOOSE(WEEKDAY(TODAY()),1),2,1,0,6,5,4,3)

    and then just keep adding 7 for further dates.

    Bob Phillips