Status Bar Configuration area

  1. #1
    Jolly Jolly
    Guest

    Status Bar Configuration area

    I could use help on the Status Bar Configuration -- especially the area where
    totals are provided (average, etc.)

    Select numbers in teh worksheet. Then in the status bar you can see their
    total, average, or other results depending on choice in Status Bar
    Configuration. I find nothing in Help relating to the Status Bar
    Configuration.

  2. #2
    Ron Coderre
    Guest

    RE: Status Bar Configuration area

    If you don't see the Status Bar......

    From the Excel main menu:
    Check: Status Bar

    Then....Right-Click on the Status Bar to view the calculation options
    (None, Average, Count, etc)

    Choose the function you want
    Done!

    Does that help?
    ***********
    Regards,
    Ron

    XL2002, WinXP

  3. #3
    Jolly Jolly
    Guest

    RE: Status Bar Configuration area

    I can see this information, but the Status Bar Configuration (the name at the
    top of the menu) is a new menu to 2007 with lots more on it than the
    calculations. There is nothing in Help explaining it or the many items
    located on it.

    So, why is it here? What does it do (in addition to add, subtract, etc.),
    and what value is it to the user?

    Thanks

    Jolly

  4. #4
    Ron Coderre
    Guest

    RE: Status Bar Configuration area

    Ahhhh....Excel 2007! Important fact.
    I don't use XL2007...Hopefully, someone who does will respond.

    Sorry I couldn't be more help.
    Regards,
    Ron

    XL2002, WinXP