create report in excel sheet

  1. #1
    AskExcel
    Guest

    create report in excel sheet

    Hi All,
    I create userform for user to enter the data. after enter, i will transfer
    the data to sheet which in turn will print out a report out.
    my problem is, its difficult to design a report in worksheet if compared to
    word.
    I would like to know if there is a way for me to do this.
    for example, when i realign the column B width at say row 22, my design
    above row 22 become off. i tried to freeze above row 22 but cannot help. I
    really frustrated.
    Really need the help from this forum of how to control the report layout
    when want to realign column width by not affecting the upper row layout.
    Please help.

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: create report in excel sheet

    Column width is the property of the entire column.

    My fingers are shaking as I write this, but if just for appearance in a report,
    you could avail yourself of the "Merge Cells" feature.

    Or better yet, maybe "Center across Selection" would suffice.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

  3. #3
    Nick Hodge
    Guest

    Re: create report in excel sheet

    Gord

    m.... cells???? That is to Excel what 'The Scottish Play' is to actors ;-)

    Nick Hodge
    Microsoft MVP - Excel
    Southampton, England
    www.nickhodge.co.uk