recording a data entry date

  1. #1
    Rusty 1i
    Guest

    recording a data entry date

    How do I automatically record the original date of a data entry into a
    specific cell? I do not want the date to update if the cell entry is
    modified.

  2. #2
    Nick Hodge
    Guest

    Re: recording a data entry date

    Rusty

    Either manually Ctrl+; or with a worksheet_change() event which could check
    if the cell already had a date in it and if so not change it, so for A1
    changing, this code will put the date and time modified the first time only
    in B1. (There is no protection in this code to stop a user changing it

    With Application
    .EnableEvents = False
    If Not .Intersect(Target, Range("A1")) Is Nothing Then
    If Target.Offset(0, 1).Value = "" Then
    Target.Offset(0, 1).Value = Now()
    .EnableEvents = True
    End With