text continuing in next row in a merge cell

  1. #1
    Peyline
    Guest

    text continuing in next row in a merge cell

    Hi,

    I have merge four cells, so my layout look better in other places in a table.
    I need a help, the information what I write doesn't show, because it goes
    under a next cell. I have tried select a "text continue (or something in
    english)" in cell's setup, but it doesn't help.

    What I must do so my text continued in next row in the cell (cell's altitude
    grow)?

    Thanks, Pey

  2. #2
    bj
    Guest

    RE: text continuing in next row in a merge cell

  3. #3
    Peyline
    Guest

    doesn't work

    Hi, thanks for your time, but..

    That's doesn't work, because I have "merged theses cells".
    It work if I select only one cell (not merged).

    ofcourse in cell, there are all information what I typed, but It goes under
    the lower cell.

    Does anybody know more advice?

    Thanks!

  4. #4
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: doesn't work

    Best if you stick to the same thread.

    Wrap text works fine with merged cell.

    What doesn't work is the Row Autofit.

    You can resize manually or via Macro. Jim Rech has written
    code for this.

    http://groups.google.com/groups?thre...%40tkmsftngp05

    Also revised code for special cases.

    http://snipurl.com/dfsm

    The best cure is DON"T USE MERGED CELLS. They cause no end of problems with
    copying, pasting, sorting, filtering and autofitting.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

    On Fri, 7 Jul 2006 07:56:02 -0700, Peyline <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Hi, thanks for your time, but..
    >
    >That's doesn't work, because I have "merged theses cells".
    >It work if I select only one cell (not merged).
    >
    >ofcourse in cell, there are all information what I typed, but It goes under
    >the lower cell.
    >
    >Does anybody know more advice?
    >
    >Thanks!
    >
    >"bj" wrote:

    >> "Peyline" wrote:
    >>
    >> > Hi,
    >> >
    >> > I have merge four cells, so my layout look better in other places in a table.
    >> > I need a help, the information what I write doesn't show, because it goes
    >> > under a next cell. I have tried select a "text continue (or something in
    >> > english)" in cell's setup, but it doesn't help.
    >> >
    >> > What I must do so my text continued in next row in the cell (cell's altitude
    >> > grow)?
    >> >
    >> > Thanks, Pey

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

  5. #5