multiple selections from drop down list

  1. #1
    Andyroo
    Guest

    multiple selections from drop down list

    Hello,

    Firstly, I am a basic Excel user, alas coding etc means nothing to me.

    Please help, I have a drop down list where I woudl like it possible to
    select more than one option (tick box) I have gone to validation and have
    nothing that mentions "multiple". I have Excel 2003 and would really
    appreciate some help.

    Many thanks for taking the time to read my post

  2. #2
    ViestaWu
    Guest

    RE: multiple selections from drop down list

    Hello,

    I think you can use Validate=>list.
    the list will be a range. for example, A12:A30 or A12:H12, both are ok.
    First, you may try with the list located in the same sheet.
    If you wan to put the list in another sheet, you have to define you list as
    a reference. Use insert=>names=>define=>... and in validation=>list=>source,
    you should put "=reference name", the reference name is the name you defined
    before that.

    I don't know whether I really could help you.

  3. #3
    Andyroo
    Guest

    RE: multiple selections from drop down list

    Hi,

    Thanks for the reply. I seem to be going in circles with that i`m afraid.
    Thanks anyway though.

  4. #4
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: multiple selections from drop down list

    Andy

    Go to Debra Dalgleish's site at

    http://www.contextures.on.ca/excelfiles.html#DataVal

    Scroll down to...................about 1/3 down the page

    DV0017 - Select Multiple Items from Dropdown List-- Select multiple items from a
    dropdown list; an event macro stores selections in adjacent cell, or in same
    cell.

    There is a downloadable *.ZIP file with example and code.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

  5. #5
    Karen
    Guest

    Re: multiple selections from drop down list

    Hi, I found this file and the code - but now how do I make it work in my
    spreadsheet?

    Karen

  6. #6
    Forum Contributor
    Dallas, Texas
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2007

    Re: multiple selections from drop down list

    Hi Karen,
    In the downloaded zip file which code did you use? There are 9 dif sheets..

    Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post