Converting Dates

  1. #1
    Mike
    Guest

    Converting Dates

    I ahve a spreadsheet with several thousand rows of information. Column A of
    the spreadsheet contains a date reference as follows:

    1 1/12/93
    2 1/17/93
    3 2/5/94
    4 12/12/03

    I want to use a pivot table to report this information by month and by year.
    I would like to change the date reference in each of the rows in Column A so
    that the day of the month reference would be 1. The above cells would now
    look as follows:

    1 1/1/93
    2 1/1/93
    3 2/1/94
    4 12/1/03

    How can I easily accomplish this?

  2. #2
    CLR
    Guest

    RE: Converting Dates

    Use a helper column and put this and copy down....then Copy > PasteSpecial >
    Values on that column to emiminate the formulas

    =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1),1)

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

  3. #3