SUMPRODUCTS

  1. #1
    AJP
    Guest

    SUMPRODUCTS

    I have been working on a spreadsheet where I need to count the number of
    occurrences dependent on two criteria. Here is my situation
    time blocks
    0:22 2
    0:15 1
    0:35 1
    I need to sum the number of times that a time of greater than 20 min time is
    recored for a single (1) block. In my above example I should get 2. I
    worked w/ countif and sumproducts but I am going wrong somewhere. Any
    suggestions?

  2. #2
    Richard Buttrey
    Guest

    Re: SUMPRODUCTS

    On Mon, 10 Jul 2006 10:39:01 -0700, AJP
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I have been working on a spreadsheet where I need to count the number of
    >occurrences dependent on two criteria. Here is my situation
    >time blocks
    >0:22 2
    >0:15 1
    >0:35 1
    >I need to sum the number of times that a time of greater than 20 min time is
    >recored for a single (1) block. In my above example I should get 2. I
    >worked w/ countif and sumproducts but I am going wrong somewhere. Any
    >suggestions?

    Are you sure the answer you're expecting given the above data isn't 1?
    i.e. the single block with a time of 0:35

    Rgds

    __
    Richard Buttrey
    Grappenhall, Cheshire, UK
    __________________________

  3. #3
    Marcelo
    Guest

    RE: SUMPRODUCTS

    hi,

    try =sumproduct(--(c1:c100>=time(0,22,0))*(d6:d100=1)*(d6:d100))

    hth
    regards from Brazil
    Marcelo

  4. #4
    AJP
    Guest

    Re: SUMPRODUCTS

    I believe you're right on that. Sorry for the mix up.

  5. #5
    AJP
    Guest

    RE: SUMPRODUCTS