Excel Functions

  1. #1

    Excel Functions

    Hi Guys

    I need a function or a formula which can do the following......

    I have two worksheets.

    One worksheet has a list of names in a set order that can't be changed.

    The other worksheet has the same list of names in alpabetical order with a value next to the name in a seperate column.

    I need to grab the value from the second sheet and insert it next to the same name in the first sheet..

    I hope that made sense

    Thanks in advance

    Digital

  2. #2
    Bondi
    Guest

    Re: Excel Functions

    digital21st wrote:
    > Hi Guys
    >
    > I need a function or a formula which can do the following......
    >
    > I have two worksheets.
    >
    > One worksheet has a list of names in a set order that can't be
    > changed.
    >
    > The other worksheet has the same list of names in alpabetical order
    > with a value next to the name in a seperate column.
    >
    > I need to grab the value from the second sheet and insert it next to
    > the same name in the first sheet..
    >
    > I hope that made sense
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > Digital
    >

    > --
    > digital21st
    > digital21st's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29575
    > View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=561970

    Hi,

    It sounds like you can use VLOOKUP()

    Something like:

    =VLOOKUP(NameInSheet1,ArrayOfNamesAndValuesOnSheet2,2,False)

    So maybe like:

    =VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!$A$1:$B$10,2,FALSE)

    And copy down next to your list of names on Sheet1

    Regards,
    Bondi

  3. #3
    Cheers Bondi