calculating

  1. #1
    justlearnin
    Guest

    calculating

    I am making a telephone bill spreadsheet. I have the look the way I want it,
    easy for employees to read. The thing is that with well over 150 employees, I
    don't like to have to find ext and names every time I do this sheet. What I
    would like to do, since the extention is there, do something like "if ext # =
    106, name = Rose" for all of the employees. This way I can code it once and
    reuse it, only having to modify new people. How do I do this?

  2. #2
    tim m
    Guest

    RE: calculating

    Do you have another Sheet or workbook that lists the persons name and
    extension? If so you could use the VLOOKUP function to use the ext number on
    your phone bill to look up the persons name on the other sheet.

  3. #3
    justlearnin
    Guest

    RE: calculating

    I have a sheet (second page) that has the extentions. I am new to the vlook
    up function, can you help me more?

  4. #4
    justlearnin
    Guest

    RE: calculating

    Here are my collumns:
    Page: Phone Bill
    Name:A16-A393
    AcctCode:B16-B393
    Page: Extentions
    Name:A1-A105
    AcctCode:B1-B105

    I want to use Phone Bill AcctCode to find Extention AcctCode and return
    Extention Name to Phone Bill Name