nper function calculation

  1. #1
    bigfella
    Guest

    nper function calculation

    Hi everyone, does anyone know the formulae behind the NPER function in excel

  2. #2
    Muhammed Rafeek M
    Guest

    RE: nper function calculation

    you can findout no of period by using this function

  3. #3
    Mike Middleton
    Guest

    Re: nper function calculation

    bigfella -

    > Hi everyone, does anyone know the formulae behind the NPER function in
    > excel <

    See the Remarks section of Excel's built-in Help for the "PV function."

    - Mike
    www.mikemiddleton.com

  4. #4
    Dana DeLouis
    Guest

    Re: nper function calculation

    Hi. Given the equation for PV, and assuming type=0, then NPER equals:

    =LN((pmt - fv*r_)/(pmt + pv*r_))/LN(1 + r_)

    --
    HTH. :>)
    Dana DeLouis

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Shaz

    http://groups.google.com/group/micro...fc88f222?hl=en

  6. #6
    Tushar Mehta
    Guest

    Re: nper function calculation

    Hi Dana,

    says...
    > Hi. Given the equation for PV, and assuming type=0, then NPER equals:
    >
    > =LN((pmt - fv*r_)/(pmt + pv*r_))/LN(1 + r_)

    Sure it is pmt + pv*r_? I get pmt - pv*r_

    Tushar Mehta
    www.tushar-mehta.com
    Custom MS Office productivity solutions