sumproduct of columns

  1. #1
    DJS
    Guest

    sumproduct of columns

    Hello~
    For each row in my report I need to add columns ES:EZ and determine if the
    val is equal to zero, then return a count of all rows where columns ES:EZ
    added up to 0 .
    Can I use Sumproduct for this or is there another way?

  2. #2
    Dave
    Guest

    Re: sumproduct of columns

    DJS

    How about this

    Add a helper column in Column FA with the following fomula and copy down to
    the end of your data

    =SUM(ES2:EZ2)

    Use this formula to count the zeros.

    =COUNTIF(FA2:FA200,"=0")

    Adjust ranges to meet your data requirements.

    Dave

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    DJS
    Guest

    Re: sumproduct of columns

    Thanks Dave, but i can't modify that sheet.
    All of my functions are in my main sheet and reference other sheets or tabs.
    Any other way to do this from one cell in my main sheet?

  4. #4
    Dave
    Guest

    Re: sumproduct of columns

    DJS

    Try this

    =SUMPRODUCT(--((ES2:ES5)=0),--((ET2:ET5)=0),--((EU2:EU5)=0),--((EV2:EV5)=0),--((EW2:EW5)=0),--((EX2:EX5)=0),--((EY2:EY5)=0),--((EZ2:EZ5)=0))

    Adjust ranges to suit. Note all ranges must be the same size.

  5. #5
    DJS
    Guest

    Re: sumproduct of columns

    Thanks Dave, that's the ticket!
    I thought I tried that simple function, but didn't seem to get the same
    results.

  6. #6
    Dave
    Guest