Turn vertical data to horizontal data automaticaly

  1. #1
    Leandro Sesarego
    Guest

    Turn vertical data to horizontal data automaticaly

    I have a big amount of records that looks like this:

    Leo Sesa
    10666 Wilkins Ave #306
    310-494-5875

    Paul Wakki
    12510 Van Nuys Blvd
    818-497-9552

    Is it possible to make that info "horizontal", like this? :

    Leo Sesa 10666 Wilkins Ave #306 310-494-5875
    Paul Wakki 12510 Van Nuys Blvd 818-497-9552

    I mean, I know how to drag and drop every cell one by one, but I'm looking
    for something automatic since I have a lot of data.

    Thanks a lot !

    --
    Leo

  2. #2
    in a new cell use the concatenate function to simply string the data together
    =Concatenate(NameCell, AddressCell, CityStateZipCell)

  3. #3
    Marcelo
    Guest

    RE: Turn vertical data to horizontal data automaticaly

    Hi Lenadro

    select B3:D3 for eg

    on B3 (with 3 cells selected) type =tranpose(a3:a5)
    enter with Ctrl+Shift+Enter not just enter

    copy it down jumping 3 rows and after exclude rows as you need

    hth
    regards from Brazil
    Marcelo

  4. #4
    Leandro Sesarego
    Guest

    RE: Turn vertical data to horizontal data automaticaly

    Perfect. It worked! Thanks

    Last question so I can solve the whole problem:

    Now I have the info horizontally but with 3 blank rows between each record.
    How can I delete the blank rows so I can have a standard list?

    Thanks Marcelo, I'm in Los Angeles but I'm from Argentina

    --
    Leo

  5. #5
    SimonCC
    Guest

    RE: Turn vertical data to horizontal data automaticaly

    If you followed exactly what Marcelo suggested, then in cell E3 you can try:
    =OFFSET(B$3,((ROW()-3)*4),0)
    This is not an array so you can just hit Enter. Then copy and paste to the
    two cells to the right. Lastly, copy the three cells (E3:G3) and paste down
    as far as you need.

    -Simon

  6. #6
    Ragdyer
    Guest

    Re: Turn vertical data to horizontal data automaticaly

    Select the *entire* datalist and sort it.

    The empty rows will be at the bottom.
    --
    HTH,

    RD

    "Leandro Sesarego" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...