Closed Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Increase group of numbers by same amount

  1. #1
    Chrissy
    Guest

    Increase group of numbers by same amount

    In my worksheet I have numbers in cells C7 - L35. Is there a way to equally
    increase all the values (which are different) without re-keying each one by
    hand? I don't know if I should be looking for a formula some sort of
    formatting.

    Help, please!!

  2. #2
    Alan
    Guest

    Re: Increase group of numbers by same amount

    If you want to increase all of the cells in your range by two for instance,
    then in a empty cell enter two (2), right click and copy it. Then highlight
    your range, in this case C7:L25, right click within the range, select Paste
    Special, check 'Add' and click 'OK'
    Don't forget to delete the '2' in the previously empty cell,
    Regards,
    Alan.
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Dave
    Guest

    Re: Increase group of numbers by same amount

    Chrissy

    Enter the number you want to increase the numbers by in an empty cell.
    Right click and select copy. Select all the cells you want to increase.
    Right click and select paste special. Check Add and hit okay. You can then
    delete the original cell you copied.

    Dave

  4. #4
    Pete_UK
    Guest

    Re: Increase group of numbers by same amount

    By "equally increase all the values", do you mean you want to increase
    them by the same percentage (e.g. by 10%) or do you want to add the
    same number (e.g. 5) to each of them?

    If it is the first of these, then pick a blank cell somewhere and enter
    1.1 in it (for 110%). If it is the second, then enter the number 5 into
    the blank cell. Select the cell into which you have just entered the
    number and click <copy>, then highlight the cells C7 - L35 and click
    Edit | Paste Special, and in the dialogue box you should EITHER check
    Multiply (if you are using a percentage) OR Add (if you are adding a
    fixed value) then click Values | OK followed by <Esc>.

    Hope this helps.

    Pete

  5. #5
    Chrissy
    Guest

    Re: Increase group of numbers by same amount

    You ROCK!!! Thank you so much. I have been fighting with this for two
    weeks. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

    I must say, it's scary how simple it is, though. =)

    thanks!
    chrissy

  6. #6
    Alan
    Guest

    Re: Increase group of numbers by same amount

    You're welcome, I used to rock a long time ago!

  7. #7
    Chrissy
    Guest

    Re: Increase group of numbers by same amount

    Pete - I needed to multiply the values by 3 then increase each of those by
    200. I just did in in two steps using the method Alan suggested.

    Thanks!!

    "Pete_UK" wrote:

    > By "equally increase all the values", do you mean you want to increase
    > them by the same percentage (e.g. by 10%) or do you want to add the
    > same number (e.g. 5) to each of them?
    >
    > If it is the first of these, then pick a blank cell somewhere and enter
    > 1.1 in it (for 110%). If it is the second, then enter the number 5 into
    > the blank cell. Select the cell into which you have just entered the
    > number and click <copy>, then highlight the cells C7 - L35 and click
    > Edit | Paste Special, and in the dialogue box you should EITHER check
    > Multiply (if you are using a percentage) OR Add (if you are adding a
    > fixed value) then click Values | OK followed by <Esc>.
    >
    > Hope this helps.
    >
    > Pete
    >
    > Chrissy wrote:
    > > In my worksheet I have numbers in cells C7 - L35. Is there a way to equally
    > > increase all the values (which are different) without re-keying each one by
    > > hand? I don't know if I should be looking for a formula some sort of
    > > formatting.
    > >
    > > Help, please!!

Closed Thread