How do I create a hyperlink to a cell with the hyperlink function

  1. #1
    S. Bevins
    Guest

    How do I create a hyperlink to a cell with the hyperlink function

    I am trying to link from one cell to another in Excel 2003 with the hyperlink
    function. When I use the following format shown in the hyperlink function
    help, it does not work.

    =HYPERLINK("[Budget]June!E56", E56)

    I have also tried removing the file name ([Budget]) and the double quotes. I
    have tried using the single quotes around the sheet name ('June') as in a
    cell reference, but the link still does not work.

  2. #2

    Re: How do I create a hyperlink to a cell with the hyperlink function

    David McRitchie posted this and it might help you:

    =HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",C5),C5)
    =HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",sheetone!C5),sheetone!C5)
    =HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",'sheet two'!C5),'sheet two'!C5)

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor
    i've never used that function before but this worked for me

    =HYPERLINK([Book2]Sheet1!$E$56,"E56")

    *edit* beaten to the punch